1. What is the “100 For 100″ campaign?
When people think about companies that donate to causes, they usually think of major corporations making huge donations. The “100 For 100 campaign is a donor program created by The Pixel Project because we believe that small-to-medium independent businesses can be powerful grassroots advocates for spreading the message about stopping Violence Against Women because they are frequently run by women or families, and play a vital role in the well-being of their local communities.
“100 For 100″ is a simple and affordable way for small-to-medium independent businesses to publicly support the fight against Violence Against Women (VAW) by making a single US$100 online donation to the Celebrity Male Role Model Pixel Reveal campaign which rallies the global audience to unveil an online million-pixel mystery collage of world-exclusive celebrity male role model portraits by donating US$1 per pixel. Each US$100 donation will reveal 100 pixels.
2. Who is eligible to participate in “100 For 100″?
Small-to-Medium enterprises/businesses (SMEs/SMBs) are eligible to participate in the “100 For 100″ donor program.
For the purposes of this donor program, SMEs/SMBs are defined as businesses employing between 1 and 250 people.
We welcome most categories of SMEs/SMBs, particularly the following types:
- Female-founded, female-run, and female-friendly businesses
- Health and wellness businesses
- Food and beverage businesses (excluding alcohol manufacturers)
- Ethical fashion and beauty businesses
- Arts-focused businesses
We do not accept donations from:
- Businesses selling and manufacturing weapons of any kind (guns, knives etc)
- Alcohol manufacturing businesses
- Businesses that have a history of exploiting women, children, and pets
3. What will the funds raised be used for?
The “100 For 100” donor program raises funds in support of the Celebrity Male Role Model Pixel Reveal campaign which aims to raise US$1 million in aid of The Pixel Project and the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence to keep both organisations anti-Violence Against Women campaigns, programs, and initiatives running.
For a full breakdown of how funds will be used, visit: http://reveal.thepixelproject.net/the-campaign/project-breakdowns/
4. How and where can my company/business make a donation?
All donations will be collected online via the special “100 For 100″ donation page here: http://www.razoo.com/story/The-100-For-100-Campaign
All major credit cards and Paypal are accepted.
IMPORTANT: Please do NOT donate as an “Anonymous” donor because if you select that option, we will not receive your contact details and will therefore not be able to follow-up with you regarding your donor privilege pack.
5. Can my company/business make a donation larger than $100?
Yes, you can as long as the donation is under $10,000. Any donation from $10,000 onwards will be eligible for a different donor program with a different donor privilege package. If you wish to donate $10,000 and above, please contact us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn about your options and make further arrangements.
If you donate more than $100, we will indicate it next to your company’s bio in the weekly donor announcement blog post.
6. Will my donation be subject to any transaction fees?
You (the donor) won’t need to pay transaction fees in addition to your donation. However Razoo, the company that provides the donation transaction services, will automatically take a 4.9% transaction fee from each donation.
7. What can I expect after I donate to “100 For 100″?
Immediately after you donate to “100 For 100″, you will receive 2 emails:
- Your email receipt from Razoo. This is tax-exempt for U.S. businesses.
- An email from The Pixel Project containing a unique URL that you can click on to see which pixels you have revealed.
8. I haven’t received one or both of those emails. Where are they?
If you haven’t received both or either of those emails within 20 minutes after you have successfully made your donation, please check your spam folder as sometimes, your email might file them away there.
- If the Razoo email receipt is neither in your inbox or your spam folder, please email us and we will issue you a receipt (tax exempt for U.S. companies). We will also report this blip to Razoo.
- If you haven’t received the email with the unique URL, please email us and we will notify our Tech team about this.
To contact us, email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. I am interested in “100 For 100″ but I need to know more/have specific questions. How do I get in touch with you?
Option 1: If you have just a question or two, you can reach us at email@example.com. Please make your email subject “100 For 100″ Query to help us respond more efficiently.
Option 2: We also hold private Google Hangout roundtables every week where we talk to potential “100 For 100″ donors (and answer their questions) about “100 For 100″ and the Pixel Reveal campaign. Places are limited to 8 guests per roundtable and will only go ahead with a minimum of 3 guests attending.
10. I have donated to “100 For 100″, when will my logo/testimonial/blog shout-out be up?
We will update the the “100 For 100″ logo page, the “100 For 100″ testimonial gallery, and sending out the weekly blog post shout-out listing donors for that week every MONDAY until the campaign ends on 24 December 2014.
11. My company has decided to not participate in certain parts of the “100 For 100″ Donor Privilege Package (e.g. the blog interview). Is that okay?
Yes, of course. While we expect most participating companies to enjoy all the perks offered, any participating company is free to decline any of the perks offered while still enjoying the rest of the package.
IMPORTANT: If you decline any part of the package, there will be no replacement perk. We endeavour to treat all “100 For 100″ donors fairly and that means providing the same package to all participants.