If you have never attended a Google Hangout event before, never fear!
Just complete the following steps to register for your Google+ account:
- Launch your Google Chrome browser (Important Note: Google Chrome is recommended because Google Hangouts don’t work as well with other browsers and for certain browsers such as Opera and Safari, they do not work at all sometimes).
- Register for a Gmail account if you do not already have one.
- Log into your Gmail account.
- Once you are in your Gmail account, look to the top right-hand corner of the screen. You will see a cluster of 9 tiny squares.
- Click on that cluster and there will be a drop-down menu. Select Google+ (the G+ icon in the top left-hand corner of the menu).
- You will be taken to your Google+ homepage. (Note: If you have not used Google+ before, you will be prompted to fill in a few details).
And that’s it – you should now be ready to view any Google Hangouts on air and participate in the live Q&A sessions.
Just go to the direct link of the Google Hangout event you wish to attend!
Taking part in the live Google Hangout Q&A session
It’s easy peasy once you have a Google+ account:
- Log into your Google+ account.
- Go to the Google Hangout event page.
- Click on the screen and it will pop out into a large screen for you to watch the Google Hangout.
- Once the moderator has announced that the Q&A session in going to begin, she/he will activate the Google Hangout Q&A app which will pop up like a side bar on the right side of your Google Hangout pop-out screen.
- Just type in your questions and hit ‘enter’ and the moderator will read out your question to the author to answer.