Hello Darynda Jones fans and Read For Pixels supporters!
Interested in claiming the FABULOUS “Read For Pixels” donor perk of the opportunity to name a ghost in Darynda’s upcoming 13th and final CHARLEY DAVIDSON novel? Before you make your donation, please carefully read the very reasonable terms and conditions from Darynda herself as listed out below before going for the perk as you will be expected to abide by it.
1. This is all about supporting The Pixel Project’s “Read for Pixels” campaign in a fun way. I am donating this reward with good cheer, and the donor agrees to accept the reward in the same spirit.
2. I, Darynda Jones, agree to provide the donor who claims this “Read for Pixels” perk the honour of naming a ghost in my 13th Charley Davidson book (which also happens to be the final Charley Davidson book).
3. The donor may name the ghost after themselves or name the ghost in honour of a friend or family member or even just name the ghost any name they wish.
4. The donor may submit either their their full name and/or a picture (no nudity) to be used as a minor character in the upcoming novel.
5. The donor agrees that I can use the name they select for the ghost in my book, and they grant that right to me, my publishers, and to whatever edition or from the book may take in the future. The donor also understands that the inclusion of their name for the ghost in the story in no way earns them any sort of monetary or other compensation whatsoever.
6. If the donor changes their mind about the inclusion of their name for the ghost in the book, they may notify me in writing. I can only promise they’ll be removed if the notification comes before the book goes to print.
7. If it is apparent that the donor is using their donation for evil intentions, I reserve the right to back out of this agreement. Evil intentions include, but are not limited to, the aforementioned request that I am asked to use a person’s name with the intention of causing them embarrassment.
8. I am not obligated to show the donor the pages in which the name of the ghost will appear prior to the publication of the book. If I do so, it will be a courtesy and will not bind me to make any changes requested by the donor.
9. I promise to send a signed copy of the published book to the donor free of charge to the address they provide. I also have the right to include any additional gifts, such as buttons, wombats, pens, other free books, pocket lint, or magic potions as I see fit.