Hello, Vicki Pettersson fans:
Interested in claiming the FABULOUS “Read For Pixels” donor perk featuring the opportunity to name a minor character Vicki Pettersson’s next book?
Before you make your donation, please carefully read the very reasonable terms and conditions from Vicki Pettersson as listed out below before going for the perk as you will be expected to abide by it.
1. This is all about supporting The Pixel Project’s “Read for Pixels” campaign in a fun way. I am donating this reward with good cheer, and the donor agrees to accept the reward in the same spirit.
2. I, Vicki Pettersson, agree to provide the donor who claims this “Read for Pixels” perk the honour of naming a minor character in my next book. I have two books that are currently in progress and the donor may choose which book they’d like the character to be in.
3. The donor may name the minor character after themselves or name the character in honour of a friend or family member or even just name the character any name they wish.
4. The donor agrees that I can use the name they select for the character in my book, and they grant that right to me, my publishers, and to whatever edition or from the book may take in the future. The donor also understands that the inclusion of their chosen name for the character in the story in no way earns them any sort of monetary or other compensation whatsoever.
5. If the donor changes their mind about the inclusion of their name for the character in the book, they may notify me in writing. We can only promise they’ll be removed if the notification comes before the book goes to print.
6. If it is apparent that the donor is using their donation for evil intentions, I reserve the right to back out of this agreement. Evil intentions include, but are not limited to, the aforementioned request that we are asked to use a person’s name with the intention of causing them embarrassment.
7. I am not obligated to show the donor the pages in which the name of the character will appear prior to the publication of the book or story. If I do so, it will be a courtesy and will not bind us to make any changes requested by the donor.
8. I promise to send a signed copy of the published book to the donor free of charge to the address they provide. I also have the right to include any additional gifts, such as buttons, wombats, pens, other free books, pocket lint, or magic potions as we see fit.